September Centers

Our math and literacy centers have been going great! We are mainly practicing working in a group, taking turns, and doing our best work.  I’ve kept the centers very basic so we can accomplish these goals.  The kiddos are doing fantastic!

Here is a peek at some of the activities we’ve been doing during math and literacy centers:

IMG_4402

Super simple cutting and sequencing practice.

IMG_4483

Super simple patterning practice.

IMG_4485

These shakers are from Lakeshore.  I don’t think they make them anymore :(

IMG_4486

Roll and write the letter.

IMG_4487

We used the Lakeshore letter play dough stampers for this center.   We used orange Kool-Aid play dough! Fun!

IMG_4488

Roll and trace the beginning sound.

Sweet and simple!

I’m trying to get my Apple unit done, friends.  Somehow I managed to slip a disc in my neck  – which resulted in my doing absolutely nothing for the past 2 weeks!  The weekends consisted of sitting on the couch in pain.  My pain is better now, but I’ve lost feeling in my thumb and part of my arm, which makes it hard to work! I’m trying hard to get it done for you though – hang in there!

20 comments:

  1. Where did you find the great cubes to make the picture dice? I love that you don't have to cut and tape it together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Thanks for sharing! Hope you feel better! You're the best! Take care of you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you feel better! I love your blog and all of your ideas...God bless you!
    Alexa
    http://bilingualscrapbook.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. You poor thing! Neck problems are not fun. I was so excited to see a new post from you. Thanks for sharing great ideas.
    Tonia
    Mrsvento.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear about your injury, Kathleen! :( Hope you feel better soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness! I hope you feel better soon!

    Erica
    Sprinkles to Kindergarten
    erica_crowder0612@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you feel better...I was wondering if you were going to make the activity pages you do with your centers available for download? I'm thinking the roll the dice and write the letter one?

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG, you poor thing. Please take it easy and rest, rest, rest.

    Your centers look absolutely amazing.

    M
    Ms.M's Blog
    A Teacher's Plan

    ReplyDelete
  9. OUCH! I've had whiplash a few times--not nearly as serious as a slipped disc, but I can empathize with your pain. Sending prayers your way!

    Your activities look great. My kinders LOVE literacy and math stations. Our mornings just zoom!
    ReadWriteSing

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for this great blog! It's fun to see what my girl is working on during the day. She has been impressing us with her very close attempts to spelling S-E-P-T-E-M-B-E-R :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you are feeling better soon! Take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE your blog and have been following you for awhile! Such cute and creative ideas! I just started a blog- teach2blossom.blogspot.com and I have a Halloween Freebie! Check it out!
    Thanks again for sharing such cute stuff!!
    Kaija

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would love to get a copy of your playdough sheet and your roll a letter (get to school) game sheet. Please let me know if it will be available on TpT?
    dbarchak@scsk12.org
    Thanks!
    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would like to get a copy of the bus sequencing & roll the sound. Love the centers.
    Jdalarm@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I LOVE your centers. Any chance you could send me copies of all of them? My kids would love them too! :)
    creganae@pwcs.edu

    P.S. I hope you feel better

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the center ideas! Where can I find these great recording sheets you have?

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love these September centers! Are they available on TpT or do you have a way to share them? Thank you so much!
    Laurasbeckett@gmail.com

    Laura :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love theses! I moved from third grade down to Kindergarten this year and these would be wonderful! Do you share or can I find them on TpT? Thanks!

    Kelly
    schaf1kl@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete