March Madness!

…and January, and February…. I am hoping for some normalcy in my life soon!  I am working on this though…

image

I hope to have it finished in the next couple of days….

For this week, here is what I have going in my Daily 5 Word Work drawers and in my math center drawers…

IMG_8798IMG_8799IMG_8800IMG_8802IMG_8804IMG_8806IMG_8810IMG_8811IMG_8812IMG_8813IMG_8814IMG_8815IMG_8816

So, Daily 5 is a work in progress for me.  I’m really trying to figure out what works for my teaching style, my group of 24 kiddos, the extra reading help we get, and also how I can make this work without extra Title 1/Reading help next year….it really makes my brain HURT!  Here is what our rotation chart looks like now…

IMG_8817

Where the kiddos have “read to self” this is when they will be pulled for RTI, guided reading groups, or 1:1 conferences.  I was doing 3 rounds, but I just felt TOO rushed, so I backed off and am now doing just 2 rounds.  If one of our reading teachers or RTI support staff can’t take that particular group of kiddos, they will stay in the classroom and “read to self”.  When children are finished with their activity, they’ll do the activity on the far right hand side of the chart.

Clear as mud?

I have also been working on incorporating more sorts into our day – I’m anxious to share with you the work we have done over the past year in our school! I’m going to snap some pictures {soon} and blog about it {I hope!}

In the meantime, be sure to enter my giveaway from the previous post!

Happy St. Patrick’s Day :)

Irish Blessing Subway Art Free Printable-- I could decoupage this on a plaque or canvas... :)

Oh, by the way – the activities above came from this unit:

Slide1

St. Patrick's Day "Lift the Flap" Consonant Digraph  Liter

I’ve got this prepped and ready to go for this week too!!  I love all the activities that Cheryl packs into her “old lady” packs! Makes my life SO much easier!There Was An Old Lady Who Swallowed A Clover (Sub Tub)

Have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kathleen,

    I nominated you for a Sunshine Blogger Award! You can read about it on this post: http://lovelaughterandlearninginprep.blogspot.com.au/2014/03/some-sunshine-for-monday.html

    Lauren :)
    Love, Laughter and Learning in Prep!

    ReplyDelete